Being green in the face usually isn’t a positive thing, but when you use this nourishing spirulina face mask it is. It’s packed with raw food nutrition to keep your skin glowing and fresh. It’s great for all skin types, from acne prone to dry. It’s quick and easy to whip up, making it the perfect weekday mask for some extra pampering!
This green algae may smell a little funky, but it’s packed with superfood nutrition. It’s rich in protein, iron, antioxidants, magnesium and b-vitamins to name just a few. It has more than 26 times the amount of calcium found in milk, and pound for pound is considered to be the most nutrient dense food on the planet. The anti-oxdiants help to prevent aging and wrinkles for younger looking skin. Slathering some on your face really gives your skin a nutrient boost for healthier, better looking skin, and it’s also really great for acne prone skin.
There are so many uses for raw honey, it’s hard to condense it down to just one paragraph. It’s soothing and regenerating to skin, and is even used to help heal burns. It’s natural antibacterial properties make it great for cleansing skin and keeping it clear. It also acts as a moisturizer to keep skin soft and supple.
You may know that yogurt is full of gut healthy probiotics, but these good bacteria stains are also nourishing for your skin. Yogurt naturally contains lactic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid that helps to naturally exfoliate dead skin cells. This in turn reveals the fresh, healthy skin underneath and helps to diminish the appearance of wrinkles and aging skin.
There are so many different essential oils, with so many different uses. Some essential oils can be too irritating for the delicate skin on the face though, so choose your essential oils carefully and use a carrier oil when necessary. My favorites to help enhance skin are geranium, frankincense and lavender. These essential oils help restore and rejuvenate skin and also fight aging skin. The spirulina in this face mask smells a little strong, so the essential oil not only helps to enhance your skin, but makes the face mask smell pleasant.
How To Make A Superfood Spirulina Face Mask:
- Spoon or spatula
- Measuring spoons
- Small glass bowl
- In a small glass bowl combine all of the ingredients. Mash and stir together until thoroughly combined. It will thicken a bit as you stir.
- To use, generously apply the mask to your face with your fingertips, avoiding your delicate eye area. You can also use a foundation brush for a more even application.
- Wash off with warm water and continue your skin care regime as normal.
This recipe makes enough for 2 face mask applications. Keep in the fridge for 2 days, let it get to room temperature before you use it again as the honey may harden.
3 Reasons You Should Start Buying Your Healthy Groceries & Natural Health & Beauty Products At Thrive Market
Thrive Market is an online marketplace selling the best in healthy, organic groceries and natural health and beauty products. It has developed a passionate and loyal base of customers in recent months. Here’s why…
1. Items at Thrive Market are typically 25-50% lower than if you were to purchase the exact same item at Whole Foods or Amazon.
2. Thrive Market run almost continuous promotions that enable you to bag extra savings or free gifts. For example, clicking this link will snag you a free jar of organic virgin coconut oil with any order over $29.
3. If you use this link, you can take a whopping 25% off your first order and get free shipping – that’s in addition to the 25-50% you’ll already be saving.
Ready to try Thrive Market? Use the special link below and your 25% discount code, one month free trial and free shipping will be applied.